Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Last X-Mass Word - We All Know the Truth

STEP 14 CHRISTMAS DAY

Merry Christmas! I really mean it. After all the grousing and criticizing I've shared with you I need to say that I've rarely had a better Christmas. Judy and I stayed over with a dear friend and her love after a great meal and woke up to the traditional opening of gifts, breakfast and yule tide cheer. I bicycled back to the boat, maneuvering over the ice and snow through the park to the boat. Some Santa had left gifts for Judy and me on board. Great feeling! A fellow live-a-board and I spent a couple of hours putting up safety railings on the dock. The folks from the third boat in our little winter flotilla forced some very smooth scotch on us. A wonderful morning. Throughout the whole day all I saw I greeted everyone I met with a boisterous “Merry Christmas”!
And to you also! Although I am often saddened by what the season is not, I am deeply thankful and appreciative of what it is. May we be open to God's blessings, every one. AMEN! EMMANUEL! GOD AMONG US!

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. Those to whom this emotion is a stranger, who no longer pauses to wonder and stand it rapt awe, are as good as dead." - Albert Einstein

No comments: